Graphics and questions are from Jamie at theperpetualpageturner
Number Of Books You Read: 150
Number of Re-Reads: 2
Genre You Read The Most From: Fantasy
- Best Book You Read In 2017?
(If you have to cheat — you can break it down by genre if you want or 2017 release vs. backlist)
Strange The Dreamer
- Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
We Are Okay by Nina LaCour
- Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
I think I was most surprised by The Handmaids Tale, I didn’t know too much about it and I wasn’t sure what direction it was going to go in.
- Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
I didn’t really push anyone to read anything. I did just bring a bag full of books to one of my friend’s houses I brought her The Wrath and the Dawn, Poison Study, Deathnote volume 1, The Princess Diarist, ACOTAR, Strange the Dreamer, Maybe Someday, Ugly Love, and This Savage Song.
- Best series you started in 2017? Best Sequel of 2017? Best Series Ender of 2017?
Best Starter: Strange the Dreamer
Best Sequel: Lord of Shadows
Best End: A Conjuring of Light
- Favorite new author you discovered in 2017?
Maria V Snyder
- Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
The Handmaids Tale. This was a book that I don’t think I would have ever gotten to but I want to watch the show and I cant watch the show without reading the book first, but I finished the book back in August and I still haven’t watched the show yet…
- Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Our Dark Duet, I read it in one sitting. I couldn’t get enough.
- Book You Read In 2017 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
I’ll probably reread Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda again before I see Love, Simon. I also want to listen to the audiobook for The Hate U Give
- Favorite cover of a book you read in 2017?
I love the cover for Now I Rise
- The most memorable character of 2017?
Lazlo Strange from Strange the Dreamer
- Most beautifully written book read in 2017?
Strange the Dreamer, I love Laini Taylors writing
- Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2017?
We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2017 to finally read?
- Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2017?
“It was impossible, of course. But when did that ever stop any dreamer from dreaming.”
― Laini Taylor,
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2017?
Shortest: We Should All Be Feminists at 52 pages
Longest: A Court of Wings and Ruins at 705 pages
(How I did this: Went to my read books on Goodreads and sorted by page number and just looked for what I knew I read this year that was the shortest and longest.)
- Book That Shocked You The Most
(Because of a plot twist, character death, left you hanging with your mouth wide open, etc.)
This one is a tie between Lord of Shadows and Strange the Dreamer. Both of those endings, I’ll still think about one of those endings and just feel like I’m going into shock.
- OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
(OTP = one true pairing if you aren’t familiar)
Idk, I guess I’ll go with Nesta and Cassian from ACOWAR
- Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship of the Year
All the friendships from Queens of Geek.
- Favorite Book You Read in 2017 From an Author You’ve Read Previously
….Strange the Dreamer…
- Best Book You Read In 2017 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
I dont know.
- Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2017?
? can’t think of anyone
- Best 2017 debut you read?
The Hate U Give
- Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
A Conjuring of Light, Red London just feels so real.
- Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
Queens of Geek put the biggest smile on my face while I was reading it.
- Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2017?
…Books that made me cry? Okay *deep breath* Strange the Dreamer, ACOWAR, Our Dark Duet, Talking as Fast as I Can, History is All You Left Me, Long Way Down
- Hidden Gem Of The Year?
Walk The Edge
- Book That Crushed Your Soul?
Please see question 26
- Most Unique Book You Read In 2017?
Fantastic Beasts and where to find them the screenplay. I don’t typically read scripts so that was unique for me.
- Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
I remember just feeling really annoyed with the character from Lucky in Love.
- New favorite book blog you discovered in 2017?
I wasn’t a big part of the book blog community for 2017. I went through a major depression episode and couldn’t put my heart into what I was doing.
- Favorite review that you wrote in 2017?
The Song of Achilles…it may or may not have been my only book review of 2017
- Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
- Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
- Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2017?
I got nothing
- Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
Slumps and depression
- Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
I don’t know
- Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
- Best bookish discover (book related sites, bookstores, etc.)?
Book recaps have saved my life!
- Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I completed my Goodreads goal
- One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2017 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2018?
I didn’t get to Tower of Dawn or Renegades and I really wanted to
- Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2018 (non-debut)?
Muse of Nightmares
- 2018 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
One that most recently caught my eye was Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young
- Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2018?
- One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2018?
I don’t know yet I just want to ease back into doing this.
- A 2018 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone (if applicable):
Cant apply to me yet