**2018 READING STATS**
Number Of Books You Read
Number of Re-Reads
Genre You Read The Most
fantasy by far, followed by contemporary
1. Best Book You Read In 2018?
Omg, there were so many, Fellowship of the Ring, Kingdom of Ash, Tower of Dawn, Obsidio, Two Dark Reigns, My Plain Jane. SO MANY! I CANT DO THIS QUESTION
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
War Storm by Victoria Aveyard. I loved Kings Cage and was really looking forward to War Storm but ultimately was very disappointed.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
Iron Gold by Pierce Brown, Morningstar was amazing so many things happened and I was pretty excited about this. Then I started it, and my enthusiasm dwindled with every page. I was very surprised by a long of things that happened and my disappointment was also surprising.
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
American Gods by Neil Gaiman
5. Best series you started in 2018? Best Sequel of 2018? Best Series Ender of 2018?
Ender: Kingdom of Ash
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2018?
Brandon Sanderson, I read the Mistborn trilogy and Warbreaker by him and Ive since bought 6 more books by him to read this year, its gonna be the year of Sanderson and feels.
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
I don’t usually read adult paranormal romance and I only read one last year so I’m going with the Darkest Night by Gena Showalter
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J Maas
9. Book You Read In 2018 That You Would Be MOST Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid, I loved this so much.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2018?
Girl Made of Stars by Ashley Herring Blake This cover is stunning.
11. Most memorable character of 2018?
Kvothe from the Name of the Wind
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2018?
Beasts of Extraordinary Circumstance by Ruth Emmie Lang
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2018?
Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2018 to finally read?
The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2018?
“In an age of information, we chose to live in ignorance,”
16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2018?
My Shortest book was Opal by Maggie Stiefvater at 38 pages
My Longest Book was It by Stephen King at 1,156 pages
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
Little Monsters by Kara Thomas
18. OTP* OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
I don’t think I have one
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
The friendships Amanda makes in If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2018 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Voyager by Diana Gabaldon
21. Best Book You Read In 2018 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure/Bookstagram, Etc.
Sadie by Courtney Summers
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2018?
I don’t think I have any
23. Best 2018 debut you read?
Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden, Arden writes amazing atmosphere.
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
Josh and Hazels Guide to Not Dating, I loved Hazel and the humor was everything.
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2018?
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
The Kings Traitor by Jeff Wheeler, I loved this prequel trilogy, it’s setting up a King Arthur retelling that I’m excited to get into.
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2018?
Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson, that magic system is something that I still think about.
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
Maybe Now by Colleen Hoover. First of all, the story easily could have ended in 5 different spots, I also hated the actual ending since it kind of reminded me of the ending for Beautiful Disaster. I’m really nervous to reread Maybe Someday because this just made me hate everything.
1. New favorite book blog/Bookstagram/Youtube channel you discovered in 2018?
I don’t think I really discovered anyone new on youtube but I’ve been really loving PeruseProjects videos, I don’t think I’ve missed one and it always makes my day to see her upload a reading vlog.
2. Favorite post you wrote in 2018?
Moxie Book Review I still think about this book frequently and I still really like this review/only review of 2018
3. Favorite bookish related photo you took in 2018?
4. Best bookish event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, etc.)?
The summer round of the Biannual Bibliothon, I had so much fun participating and I read so much!
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2018?
I got nothing
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
I think it would be trying to gather my thoughts and actually being vocal with them. That’s something I’m going to try to work on more in 2019, posting opinions and just trying to use my voice more.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
I kinda wish my NaNo updates got some more love
9. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, bookstores, etc.)?
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
Yes, I completed my Goodreads goal and I’m so happy about that!
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2018 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2019?
My top priority was Muse of Nightmares and I already read that one just a few days ago, now it’ll be Skyward by Brandon Sanderson
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2019 (non-debut)?
On the Come Up by Angie Thomas
3. 2019 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
Again but Better by Christine Riccio
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2019?
Darkdawn by Jay Kristoff
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2019?
I really want to post more quality content and maybe get 350 subscribers.
6. A 2019 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone (if applicable):
I haven’t read a 2019 release yet. I need to get on that. If I had to predict a book I would say Slayer by Kiersten White.