Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.
My Top Ten Tuesday is going to be about Books I’m ashamed I haven’t read yet.
I’m ignoring my book goals for 2016 list for this post because that list is a work in progress and while I’m ashamed that I haven’t read anything on that list yet…because working on it.
- The Lord of the Rings trilogyI’ve read the Hobbit and I loved it and I’ve wanted to continue on with the LoTR but its just not a high priority at the moment. Which makes me sad. One day.
- The Book ThiefI don’t know why I haven’t read this, but it’s kind of daunting. I know it’s going to be really emotional and I’m just not ready to take that on.
- To Kill A MockingbirdStrangely I never had to read this in high school, a lot of other classes did but never my class. I know it’s well loved and it’s a book that I really want to read.
- ViciousYes! I still haven’t read this!!! Soon. I will read this soon!
- Brave New WordA couple of my good friends have highly recommended this to me and again, I don’t have an excuse of why I haven’t read it, just haven’t yet. I love dystopian novels and this one sounds amazing but yet…I don’t know.
- A Cinda Williams Chima novelI have read so many good things about her series! I own the Warrior Heir and The Demon King and I just don’t know which series to start with! Also, I feel like I should finish a few series before I start another one.
- The Dream ThievesA couple months ago I read the Raven Boys and I really enjoyed it, the plot was interesting and I really liked the characters but I just haven’t picked up the rest of the series yet… I own the rest of the series but just haven’t gotten to them yet…
- Fear and Loathing in Las VegasHunter S Thompson is my favorite journalists, I’ve read some of his articles that he wrote for Rolling Stones and I’ve read about his opinions on Richard Nixon. So I know that I love him as a journalist. I’ve seen Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and whenever I have a bad day and need cheering up, I’ll watch the first five minutes of the movie for the bat scene and always have a good laugh. But I haven’t read this book!? I know that the book will be better than the movie but the movie can be really intense and I guess I’m just intimidated by the assumption that the book will be extremely intense.
- Fire and BitterblueI read Graceling last year and loved it. But I haven’t continued with Cashore’s other books, I’ve heard that Fire isn’t as good and is slow paced, but I’ve also heard good things for Bitterblue so I don’t know when I’m going to get to them.
- Shadow of the WindTo be honest, I’ve owned this book for probably close to 8 years, I bought it at Borders (that has to be a good example of how long I’ve owned it.) I have picked up this book numerous times and every time I stop at the exact same page. I have never read past page 20 or something like that. Don’t know why but I’m ashamed about it.
Interestingly enough, the same thing happened with Confessions of a Shopaholic, I tried reading it several times and only got to page 15, I think, but I just dnf’ed that one because I had no interest in it anymore. I still want to read Shadow of the Wind.
*Bonus* A Dance with Dragons
I have been reading this book for so long…I hate myself for how long I’ve been reading this. I’m tempted to DNF it but at this point the battle between me and ADwD is personal and I refuse to let the book win…
Stubborn? Who me? Nah not at all…now if you’ll excuse me I’ll be in denial having a staredown with A Dance with Dragons.
So that’s my post of shame. Are there any of these that you want to read but havent?