August 2: Ten Books You’d Buy Right This Second If Someone Handed You A Fully Loaded Gift Card
This is an interesting and thought provoking prompt.
Please tell me I’m not alone in this.
So while I have a never ending TBR pile… I also have a never ending wish list. Someone please tell me that you are the same way!
Its so bad! Sometimes I get ideas like “Hey I should get my TBR to 150 unread books before I buy some new ones.” A.k.a a book buying ban or sometimes I go through my Amazon wishlist and think “do I really need to get that? Lets go through and delete 20 books or so.” So I’ll do that and, in all seriousness, about 3 or 4 days later I go back and re-add them to the list. *Shaking my head at myself*
Instead of going with the books that are in my amazon cart right now, these are the books I would most likely buy if *basically* someone else paid for. That sounds a little bad…
Ten Books You’d Buy Right This Second If Someone Handed You A Fully Loaded Gift Card
- Hamilton: The RevolutionI want this so badly! I don’t know why I don’t just order it on Amazon but for whatever reason, I just haven’t yet.
- The World of Ice and Fire by George R.R. MartinThis book is beautiful!!! I flipped through it once at Target and its beautiful and again I don’t know why I haven’t ordered it.
- Prudence by Gail CarrigerThis is one of those books that I want to get in Hardback and the hardback is almost $20 on Amazon
- The Complete Wreck by Lemony SnicketI started reading this a kid, I read up to book 7 I think…and basically I just got burnt out and never picked them up again. Lately I’ve really been wanting to see how the series ended.
- TravelerLast year I read Seeker and I didnt really like it, when I read it I was in a reading slump and had to force myself to read it, but when I start a series I have a strong desire to try to see it through to the end.
- The Last StarI haven’t heard many good things about this 😦 I want to read it but I don’t want to buy it…ya feel me?
- Bloodline (Star Wars)
This is another book that’s just a little bit too expensive for me to want to pick up.
- House of Leaves
I’ve read really good things about this book, I’ve seen it at Barnes and Noble and have flicked through it a couple times and while my interest is peaked I’m not in a big rush to purchase it.
Kind of the same with House of Leaves, I’ve heard great things about it, but its a low purchase priority
- The Outlandish Companion
This is one of those books that I’m not sure if I need it, it looks like something that would be nice to have to help refresh my memory but overall, I cant decide if I’m ever actually going to buy this book. But I for sure would if I had a gift card haha