Here are the questions:
1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
Depends on if I’m reading a series then I will continue with that series, if not I’ll explore an author’s other books, or I’ll pick up a book that’s been on my mind for a while.
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
That’s kinda up in the air.
If it’s a book that I’ve heard good things about then my curiosity is peaked and I will power through it and at that point I’m more critically analyzing it to see what people loved about it.
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
Mostly I’ll try to catch up, I’ll read some shorter books that I know I can finish quickly, I feel like if I give it everything I’ve got then I’ll be happy, even if I don’t catch up because I tried.
4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
As frustrating as it is I just try to accept it and move on.
5. Everyone and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
I vent and rant to my BF, he’s a great listener so I always feel a lot better when he lets me do that.
6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
Hold it in or find an isolated place to quickly let it out, just be warned that if you excuse yourself to say the ladies room to quickly cry and someone walks in and asks what’s wrong, don’t tell them it’s because of a book, it gets real awkward real fast.
Hmm, what? Is this from personal experience? Umm no, what would make you think that…
7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!
I usually try to read the last few chapters of the previous book if I can’t find time to sit down and read the whole thing. If I can’t even do that then I will find a spoiler review
8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
Nope, I don’t lend out my books, I have too many books that haven’t been returned to me or I went through hell and ruined friendships to get it back so now I just don’t.
9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
During a reading slump, I’ll pick up a Colleen Hoover book or something like that but CoHo, Rainbow Rowell, or a cute contemporary are usually just what I need to get me bak into reading
10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
If I have the money for it, then I will buy all the ones that I want if not then usually 2 or 3
11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
Usually a minimum of 2 to 3 weeks, maximum of a couple months, but there are exceptions, for example, the 5th Wave has been on my shelf for almost a year but I’m waiting until closer to when the movie is coming out
Let’s see here I will tag
Jackie from Fallin in love with the sounds of words
Melanie @ Dat Little Blog
Jane @ Greenish Bookshelf
Arianna @ The Daydreaming Bookworm
Catia @ The Girl Who Read Too Much
Feel free to ignore if you’ve done this tag already.
Thanks for reading!